Homelessness in Savannah Social Tools

Friday, September 3, 2010

For Homeless Services, One Size Does Not Fit All

For Homeless Services, One Size Does Not Fit All

I have read an article I wish I wrote.

Please read it. Mattie Lord has written cogently, with heart, and with awareness.

For Homeless Services, One Size Does Not Fit All
http://www.povertyinsights.org/2010/07/27/for-homeless-services-one-size-does-not-fit-all/#more-2099

As a person who is definitely one of the square pegs trying to be stuffed into a round hole; and as a person who has consistently been screened out, I avidly ask you to spread this to everyone you know.

It'll take you 30 seconds to a minute and a half to put it up on your blog, send out e-mails, or post to your fav social networks with the link and a genuine request to those you know to read it.

Whether you or those you know respond with action for homelessness or another issue near and dear to your heart, you will have helped me fulfill my goal ... to get the word out; to rally people to make a difference in their life and world; and, to be actively listened to.

I urge you to urge those you know to consider a paradigm shift. I cannot tell you how uplifting it was to hear (okay read) another person on the internet use the same term I've been using -- paradigm. It was like finding a kindred soul.

Also, compliments of: A Homeless Blogger - we copied into our own post since the information wasn't directly linkable as a referenced blog post - it is on the right hand side of his blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment